• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Park Lights Won't Turn Off

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a problem with my 2001 Sport. I blew the fuse for the left side running lights by turning on the interior light in my trailer. Fine, Inspected the fuse, burnt out, replaced. Everything seems to work... But... When I turn off the Jeep, turn off lights, remove key, the parking lights won't turn off. I have to remove the fuse. The headlight delay works per normal and I didn't touch any other circuit other than the left side parking light - just JB Cir 7. I inspected some of the other fuses but they look fine... and you'd think a blown fuse wouldn't cause this - open circuit... If I pull the fuse, replace it again, then turn on the Jeep, it is back to normal (no parking lights) until I turn the lights on again. Ideas?

Edit: Whet's the deal with no carriage returns or edit button?

More readable version:

I'm having a problem with my 2001 Sport. I blew the fuse for the left side running lights by turning on the interior light in my trailer.

Fine, Inspected the fuse, burnt out, replaced. Everything seems to work...

But... When I turn off the Jeep, turn off lights, remove key, the parking lights won't turn off. I have to remove the fuse. The headlight delay works per normal and I didn't touch any other circuit other than the left side parking light - just JB Cir 7.

I inspected some of the other fuses but they look fine... and you'd think a blown fuse wouldn't cause this - open circuit... If I pull the fuse, replace it again, then turn on the Jeep, it is back to normal (no parking lights) until I turn the lights on again. Ideas?

Back