• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 wiring harness p1,p2 pcm to ignition, up 2 u

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks,

So lately I have a friggin laundry list of jeep problems starting. I'm these quests I've picked up a JY harness to ignition side of things.

I have no questions yet, but mainly I decided to post this for anyone that wants to see under the shething, any splices on this harness. It's one of the few things we ever see on these old machines.

Anyhow let me know if any photos are of use to you and I'll try to get a good one.

zl7SBeC.jpg

Right here I tore open the part that goes behind the valve cover. There are 4 splices along just here and I'm not to impressed by the cleanlysness if the weave. With that said I'm no accomplished electrician, but I can bang rocks together so hey, genius here.

In this section alone I've found wire pinched/ rubbed through to bare wire in a few locations. If you suspect any wiring issues, or you even have downtime for some preventative maintenance, I highly suggest taking these harnesses for a walk through, I've learned so much in 5 minutes of looking at this.

Thread is yours folks,

Cheers.
:cheers:

Yessir you did, but its for your 2000. No idea if its different, but I figured what the heck, it's useful or not lol.

It's close, there are not many changes between 97-00.

Back