• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disconnect Fuse Block Connector in Engine Bay

OkieXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
'87 MJ 2wd trim level unknown (posting here for visibility and because it should be the same)

I am trying to get this connector disconnected:
f1LXGW1l.jpg

r7akW8Dl.jpg

Will not budge and not sure how to get it apart. Connectors are the most frustrating part of working on vehicles! Need to get this out to help clear the way for cleaning before swapping in an LS. Thanks for any tips!

Not sure about the MJ. Doesn't look like any bolt (like the C101 on an XJ). However I see lot's of dirt that might interfere with the latch (looks like center top). You might try scraping out some with a small screwdriver, or use some compressed air. Then some penetrating oil. Keep wiggling it, watch your knuckles!!

Nope there is a long small bolt that’s at the very center of those wires. That’s the main harness going to the fuse block inside the cab. It’s a pain even with the bolt completely loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the tips. I did not have the slightest clue there was a screw involved. Will remove and report back... eventually.

Back