• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock slider in the way of Leaf Spring bolt

AJ_learns_XJs

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Naxja,

Any help is much appreciated.

I bought some OldMan EMU leaf springs to replace my worn out AAL. The issue I am running into is I cannot remove the front leaf spring bolt as the P.O. welded rock rails and it blocks the bolt from coming out all the way. He welded to the unibody but then when I had the roll cage added they welded brackets to tie the sliders and roll cage into each other. So cuting them off isn't an option I like.

All I can think of now is do drill a hole the size of the head of the bolt to let the bolt go into the rock slider and then come out???

Any ideas. The rock slider seem to be similar to these https://www.amazon.com/JCR-Offroad-Cherokee-Sliders-Classic/dp/B01N576R5K

If the bolt is blocked, there isn't much choice other than either removing the sliders by cutting the welds or by drilling or removing as much metal as necessary to remove the leaf spring bolts.

I think a hole saw through the sliders is your best bet.

Back