• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX-15 Temps

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA,

Hola fellas. I was curious if any one has checked temps on their drivetrain. This will likely go un-answered but I figured I would ask what temps people are getting off of their AX-15 in front of a 4.0.

I am using a infrared temp gun and am seeing temps of about 160* after running down the interstate for a little bit. I was also curious to see that the dana 300 on the back is also about the same temp even though it is steel unlike the aluminum transmission. Must be a decent amount of heat soak. I actually wrapped the exhaust pipe from the bell housing to the cat just to keep more heat from soaking into the drivetrain.

Anyone else ever dove into temps on their AX-15?

:gee:

I've never measured the temp of the AX-15, but the bare floor on the driver side trans tunnel measured 160 in the summer on the interstate.
My crossmember pushes the driveline less than a thumbs width from the floor. The trans is twenty years old and works like a champ, so I figure it's not too concerned with those temps.

I've never measured the temp of the AX-15, but the bare floor on the driver side trans tunnel measured 160 in the summer on the interstate.

My crossmember pushes the driveline less than a thumbs width from the floor. The trans is twenty years old and works like a champ, so I figure it's not too concerned with those temps.

Nice. Yeah my driveline is from 92 and has run basically flawless so I figured everything is thumbs up. I have a sight tube on my Dana 300 and was concerned about melting the tube creating a giant oil leak rolling down the road. That’s when I started taking temps off of the driveline.

I read on dodge forums that guys hit 210* on their manuals trans pulling loads behind a diesel. So the 160* temp seems average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back