• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seems like everytime I wheel, my steering wheel is off.

JasonCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
What are the normal causes of this? Dont do any rocks, but there is usually a slick rutted trail that turns the steering wheel back and forth. Nothing appears to be bent at all. Its not toed in or out. Right now its about 45* off when driving straight.

Your springs are sagging a little more every time you go out.It also changes the toe on a constant basis.It may not be very visible but its happening!

Yeah but I doubt they're sagging enough to cause a noticeable difference in one wheeling trip. Check out your steering linkage, especially the draglink adjuster and see if it's moved at all. Should be easy to spot if it is. You could try slamming it into a rut the opposite way.:roll:

As above, the drag link adjuster can jump threads if worn and the clamps not done up real tight and positioned correctly on it.

A Search for steering, front end etc with show multi HD type fix for this and many other problem you will soon have As you find bigger and better things to run over. Stop offing is fun not but you could slow down.

Replace the adjuster if worn, and align clamps correctly. the clamp should span the slot in the adjuster.
Someting is slipping, or bending, if it is not the adjuster....its something else, fnd and fix.

Rev

HD trackbar, dont know the brand. The adjuster doesnt appear to have slipped, but its possible. I think I found a rusty's HD adjuster. Is that a good part, or a waste of money?

Back