• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power inverter

westsacxj

NAXJA Forum User
Would it be ok if i used jumper cable cables for my power inverter. The ones that came with it are only like 3' long. I would like to mount it inside and keep it there hooked up.

Yea I would cut off the clamps and put the proper conections on them. The inverter is 750. Another question would be what would be the proper gauge to use?

Does your inverter list a "MAX INPUT CURRENT" or "MAX INPUT WATTAGE?" Otherwise, you'll have to use the output wattage/current, figure for that, and add one size (because I'm cranky...)

Once you figure out what current it wants, I believe there's a wire gage vice ampacity chart in the tech section of my website. Let me know if it is not - I'm working on updates to that section right now (mainly torque charts for bolts and screws...) Link in my sig.

5-90

Thinking about it, I can damn near guarantee that most jumper cables are going to he MASSIVE overkill for that small inverter! You're probably looking at 10 or 12AWG for a "short" mount (up front, nearish the battery) or 8-10AWG for a "long" mount (somehwere around back, since you'll want extra wire for routing...)

5-90

Back