• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Inverter

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ive got the Vector 400, had it for about 4 years and no problems. It handles drills, soldering stations, things like that with no problems. I wish it could handle my Hobart 125?

xjtrailrider said:
Ive got the Vector 400, had it for about 4 years and no problems. It handles drills, soldering stations, things like that with no problems. I wish it could handle my Hobart 125?

That is why I'm looking at this one, to run my Linclon 135.

We did the math on the power requirements to run my lincoln 115 vac wire feed.
You will need a 2000 watt inverter + high output alternator to be able to run a bead with the engine running. Don't skimp on the 0 ga. wire to connect the inverter. By the time it's all done ($$), the under hood welder/inverters start to look pretty reasonable.

Maybe, but I already have the welder and this inverter would put the cost at 320.00. Rons did this and to my knowledge did not do any alternator work on his and I've watched him repair his rig and another on the trail. He did have his thumb throttle reving though.

Last edited:
Ghost said:
Maybe, but I already have the welder and this inverter would put the cost at 320.00. Rons did this and to my knowledge did not do any alternator work on his and I've watched him repair his rig and another on the trail. He did have his thumb throttle reving though.
Thumb Thottle eh?
Hadn't thought of that one. I'm gathering the supplies to put my inverter in this spring (I also have the inverter), guess I'll include the throttle control on the shopping list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back