• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed the SYE

ozbornm

NAXJA Forum User
Well Last night I finally got the Sye on my 97 Xj installed because of horrible vibrations above 45mph. I took it for a test drive and now it doesn't start vibrating until 60-65 MPH. It's still not as bad as it was but I have spent alot of money on the kit and want all the vibes gone. I put 4* shims in it also, and it still has the 1" transfer case lower on it. Should I remove the Drop kit and Shims to see if that helps?

start with the t-case drop, remove that first.
I hate to assume so i'll mention it just in case, you want the rear pinion pointed at the tailshaft of the t-case.

Ok. That is what I was thinking. Its a little over it at this point with the shims and t-case drop. Thanks. I'll let you all know tonight how it goes.

I'm curious which SYE you got? New driveshaft? Or did you use a front driveshaft?

Was the SYE easy to install? in the vehicle or take it out?

Derek

I used the RE 1807 with a spicer 211229x CV Flange on a stock front driveshaft. I just haven't had time to get to the shop and get the correct shaft made for it. Of course if I can get the vibes down at high speeds I will just run the front shaft until it breaks.

ozbornm said:
I used the RE 1807 with a spicer 211229x CV Flange on a stock front driveshaft. I just haven't had time to get to the shop and get the correct shaft made for it. Of course if I can get the vibes down at high speeds I will just run the front shaft until it breaks.

i did the RE hack n tap on my 87 i am using a spicer 1310 cv joint at the tcase and a 1330 at the axle flange with 5 inches of lift
she rides smoother than when she was stock but i spent time pointing my pinion at the tcase(and i got a 500 dollar balanced dshaft)
i think you should remove the tcase drop and align the pinion angle it shouod ride great after that, or maybe the dshaft is bent or unbalanced
good luck

Thats what I used also the hack n tap. I just used a front shaft until I can get another one made. Or I could order one from RE I suppose.

ozbornm said:
Ok. That is what I was thinking. Its a little over it at this point with the shims and t-case drop. Thanks. I'll let you all know tonight how it goes.

Ideally you will want your pinion about a degree LOWER than the x-fer case output shaft (to accout for geometry changes under acceleration).

Your pinion will rise a little under acceleration as mentioned above. How much lift do you have? Stock axles?

Back