• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has installed 6.5" speakers in a 2000 or 2001?

nosajwp

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001, without the Infinities from the factory. For those of you who have installed 6.5's in either a 2000 or 2001, did you have to do any trimming? I've heard yes and no. What speakers are you using? How do you get to the rear ones?

I'm looking to replace the 5.25's I have now, and if I can fit 6.5's without trimming, then that's the way I'll go!

I don't know if the 98's are similar, but I recently installed 6.5's Infinitys in my stock 5.25 location in the front doors. NO TRIMMING at all. place in and screw. No problems.
Infinity 6002si model is what I used. They are the slim line version of the 6002i. Huge bass difference and great clarity. I am pleased.

Apparently you need to watch the depth of some speakers due to the size of the door.

Hey nutz, did you use that same size in the rear? Did you have to trim back there? Do you wish you had separates in the front, or do the Infinities put out enough high end from the stock location? Are you using the stock head unit? How does the bass and high end compare to stock?

Back