• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Trim and parts

HotChiliRam

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I'm re building my XJ from zero, it's a 1990 XJ Limited, it had a 5.3L, Ford8.8 read with ARB and 4L60e transmission a few years ago I tear all the Jeep apart, painted it, sold the Engine/Trans and bought a crate 6.2L with a 4L70e transmission, plus I replaced both axles with a front D44 HD and a rear D44, both axles with 4,10 and electric lockers.
Well, the Jeep is still in the process but I want to replace some of the interior plastic panels, the problem is that I can't find any place that sells this panels.
Do any of you guys know where can I find XJ panels?, dash, etc.... I want the Jeep to look almost brand new.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

I keep my 85 looking new. The only source is junk yards or forums and you need to become an expert in reconditioning and repainting the interior panels. I constantly keep an eye out for good condition front seats. Just scored some and moved the upholstery to my rig. I have become an expert at steam cleaning.

Carpet is fairly easy to find. RockAuto is a good source. They have a decent supply of rubber door and window seals.

I finally scored a replacement used dash. Mine had finally cracked. I cleaned and softened the vinyl, then stained it to match. I have done probably replaced the headliner a half dozen times in the last 35 years.

I have looked for years for good replacement upholstery skins for the seats, but with no luck. If anybody has a source, I would buy you a case of beer for a source.

I wanted to go the easy way and just buy the parts, but apparently I would need to restore most of them.
At teamcherokee.com I found some rubber seals and other parts.
Thanks for both replies!

Back