• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost free !!!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
My son got this #10000 lift from work for free. Thursday my concrete guy will be by to do his work. I've already built the grade beam.
P1080618_zpsmqvq17eo.jpg

P1080619_zpszpmoic6s.jpg

I forgot to add, the lift was free but the concrete is going to be $2000.

There is always a catch.

Still a nice score.

The older I get the more I want a lift. Two of them actually. I want both a 2 post and a 4 post. Figure I might as well aim high.

There is always a catch.

Still a nice score.

The older I get the more I want a lift. Two of them actually. I want both a 2 post and a 4 post. Figure I might as well aim high.

Same here.
I always toy with the idea.
It would have to be outside.
Always wondered what it would cost for a patch of concrete to set it up on.
Now I have an idea.

I finished getting all the rebar drilled and set in the footing yesterday. The pad will be 13' x 25' with most of it 4" thick and 10" where the cage goes. It will be poured with #4000 concrete with fiber and wire re-mesh.
P1080621_zpsh7ukbnoi.jpg

Lucky bastard(s). I'm jealous. $2,000 for concrete work is still a sore-d*** deal for a lift, and for a 2-post, 4-pointer at that. :cheers: Was helping pops with a brake job yesterday and man, a lift would've been nice! How thick are you gonna pour the concrete?

Lucky bastard(s). I'm jealous. $2,000 for concrete work is still a sore-d*** deal for a lift, and for a 2-post, 4-pointer at that.

Not really, 4 yrs ago when I built that garage that slab was $5000 with a total cost of $40K.
20150713_141715_zpssjbsr7ao.jpg

My son hanging trusses!
P1080409_zpstpbetksy.jpg

Just waiting for the concrete to cure. 1st projects are the front driveshaft and the ZJ tank.
P1080622_zps4uqgubkl.jpg

P1080626_zpsq2psqwan.jpg

Well I got some temp power to it to do some testing and the cylinders are leaking pretty bad and going to have to be rebuilt. First one is on it's way to work to find a kit of that size.

Somehow I don't think my HOA would go for that.:gee:

Back in 2000 when I started looking for a new home I only had 3 requirements.
1- Block construction including any fencing
2- A large lot with rear access
3-No HOA's

I found all of that and more in a 60yr old custom home community in a "non-conforming" (zoning) area on a corner lot in a culdesac!

Good news, bad news...... I was able to find seal kits. But upon dis-assembling the cylinders, the chrome on the rams looks good but there's no way to salvage the cylinders. Taking them down in the morning to be re-tubed $$$(but still cheaper than full replacement units).

2000 is a sweet price.

I crunched numbers and I'd come in about 2600 I'd have to think hard on charging more for rebar and mesh.

My latest pour( in March) was for my "trailerport" which was about 8' x10'. Today went good, I was at the hydraulic shop at 8am right when they open. I forgot to ask if they were closed Monday but I should get them back by at least Wednesday!
P1080764.JPG

My latest pour( in March) was for my "trailerport" which was about 8' x10'. Today went good, I was at the hydraulic shop at 8am right when they open. I forgot to ask if they were closed Monday but I should get them back by at least Wednesday!
P1080764.JPG

That looks very cool and useful. But I'd highly recommend you get rid of the grass under the trailer. It is widely known in the RV world that parking them over grass can hasten the corrosion and water damage process from the ground up.

Let down week....

It was bad enough I received my Economic Relief check and what I thought would pay for this and some beer money..... well I only got $450! :flame: On top of that the machine shop called with a doubling of their estimate from $400 to $900 for the re-tube. I just got off the phone with Western (the lift manufacturer) and ordered up a pair of complete replacement cylinders for the same price and they will be on their way tomorrow!

I just received my rams, it's time to get to work now! :)
P1080765.JPG

It's working, I sacrificed the spare 2000 for testing!
P1080767.JPG

P1080766.JPG

Sweet!

Someday I will have a lift. Someday.

Back