• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dropped the bolt into the bell housing - CPS

Does it belong there? You could leave it there and have no issues BUT do you really want to take that chance?!?!?!?!:dunno:

ColoradoRaptor said:
Does it belong there? You could leave it there and have no issues BUT do you really want to take that chance?!?!?!?!:dunno:

how do i get it out?

I tried sticking a magnet in the hole, but it sticks to everything else and didn't pull out the bolt.

cant' see anything ofcourse to know where i'm looking for it.

clunk said:
I might be wrong, but can't you just pull the inspection cover off the bellhousing and retrieve the bolt?

if it's that easy......i'll kiss you....well not really but i'm about to push the jeep into the ravine and forget it's there....now i know why people get paid to do this crap....it's not for me.

clunk said:
I might be wrong, but can't you just pull the inspection cover off the bellhousing and retrieve the bolt?

Now there is an idea.......

Rynxprs said:
... i'm about to push the jeep into the ravine and forget it's there....now i know why people get paid to do this crap....it's not for me.

It is a love hate relationship my friend....... :D

I don't see an inspection cover.

My dad said something about removing the starter to get to the inspection cover though...he was looking at the Chiltons manual.

We are trying to rig up a magnet to get down there.

You need a magnet on a stick, one you can push down there and then pull back up.

clunk said:
did you pull the inspection cover off yet? Should only take you 5 minutes, you need to remove the starter to get at a few of the bolts. Unplug the battery.

Are the bolts in different spots on different years? I pulled the inspection cover off my 99 recently to investigate a rattleing that I thought was coming from that area, and I didn't have to remove the starter or anything.

Back