• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Vibes/Shake

RCman

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, first I have a '97 XJ 4wd NP231, Auto, ABS, 4.0L; now on my way home tonight my front end started shaking pretty bad and was able to feel it in the floor, I pulled over and checked the wheels, both present ;) and tight with the balance weights. So I keep driving and while making corners its almost like the vehical is in 4wd, the way the front end is hoping around, however I am 100% sure it was in 2wd. Whenever the brakes are applied the shaking/vibrations dimish and it is not felt in the pettle. After doing some quick searchs on the forum it sounds like the the front universals might have went. Does that make sence? Am I anywhere in the right ballpark? Are they something a weekend wrencher can fix, or is it best for a stealership? If I am right would these be the best replacement parts? Here @ Quadratec: http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...2&UREQC=3&UREQD=4&FNM=13&UID=2005062402191286 . Would I need anything else (new seals, parts, ect)?

Thanks for all the help!
(On a small side note, I sent in my payment for the NAXJA membership awhile ago, how soon should I expect to become a member?)

I check all that before I did the searching on the forums. I bought new Spicer U-Joints today and had a local shop do both sides it for $50. I figured that I won't have much time within the next few days and I might as well just spend the extra $50, it saves me crawling on my back in the dirt. The new U-Joints solved the problem. Thanks for the help.

Back