• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ Fog Light Switch removal

Pioneer89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I searched the forum but can't find an exact answer to a really easy question. I have a 98 XJ Limited (faux wood dash trim). How do I get the trim off to the fog light switch? I can't find any screws like my 89 had. Thanks. :cheers:

It pulls off from the BOTTOM corners, then you can take the top off. From there there are two screws holding in the plate. Don't break anything, it's only plastic.

Yep.. just like everyone said. Bottom first, then top.

As for the switch itself, it's pretty self explanatory. If you don't have a new switch yet, you can take the switch apart and clean the contacts and put it back together (and have it work). It's a little tricky to put back together if I recall correctly, but it can be done.

I ended up wiring in another switch in it's place because I did not want to spend the money. After tearing the old switch apart I see why they go bad.... cheap poor design. :geek:
Travis

Back