• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Metra double din radio installation kit

halmca

NAXJA Forum User
No proprietary interest in the product, just a note to say that the installation was straight forward and uneventful. Since I either can't or don't know how to post a picture of the installation (w/o paying some service to host my images) here's an ebay link to the product, with which I am quite happy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-95-6...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

PS: a sawzall is a bit much for the project. If I had it to do again, I would use a medium, manually-powered keyhole saw to do the cutting.

The words "straight forward", "sawzall", and "radio installation" just don't seem like they below in the same paragraph. What did you have to cut???

LOL: a sawzall + enthusiasm is a very potent combination. That's why I recommend leaving that puppy in its case and using a medium sized key hole saw.

The kit requires you to saw some of the HAVC box. I was initially timid about it, but it really wasn't a big deal. The kit furnishes some tape to ensure that there is no air leaking as a result of the cuts. I fortified the kit's tape with some Duck (yes, duck, not duct) tape.

I was pleasantly surprised at how firm the resulting mount is. The kit is considerably better than what I thought it would be, and it's nice having the capabilities of a double DIN radio, gps, Bluetooth, back up camera, etc. You use the radio of your choice. I got a $129 item from Amazon. BTW, the tape is to hole the warm/cold air in. It does not have jack to do with supporting the radio.

Again, I have no dog in the hunt. Just figured if anyone were contemplating the kit, I'd share my experience.

Happy to PM the instructions to anyone who cares to have 'em

Back