• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission/Power steering cooling question?

JOHN4WD

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be plumbing a transmission cooler/power steering cooler from a police crown vic into my 97 XJ...What line is the return line?... The one on the top of radiator or the bottom one...I'm going to plumb it in the return line for extra cooling...Or should it be on the line from transmission to the radiator?...And which line from the power steering is the non pressurize...I would assume it's the one in the back of power steering pump...It only has clamps holding the hoses on...Got bumper off...Got cooler mounted...Just need to plumb lines...And put bumper back on...Thanks guys for any help...

John4wd...

JOHN4WD said:
I'm going to be plumbing a transmission cooler/power steering cooler from a police crown vic into my 97 XJ...What line is the return line?... The one on the top of radiator or the bottom one...I'm going to plumb it in the return line for extra cooling...Or should it be on the line from transmission to the radiator?...And which line from the power steering is the non pressurize...I would assume it's the one in the back of power steering pump...It only has clamps holding the hoses on...Got bumper off...Got cooler mounted...Just need to plumb lines...And put bumper back on...Thanks guys for any help...

John4wd...

Tranny cooler top in, bottom out. Factory installation has the external cooler on the return side of the radiator exchanger. PS lines, yes, the one with the simple clamp is the return line.

Back