• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What kind of motor mounts does my xj have?

ditchdrift

NAXJA Forum User
Recently picked up a pretty cool little 98 2 door. It's a 4wd, 4 cylinder, 5 speed, full skid plates, a/c, manual windows and locks. 110k mi. Previous owners took engine apart because of a busted piston skirt. While I was assessing the motor, I realized the mounts are never like I've seen in other xjs. What's up with these?

5ryaELbh.jpg

hFQyqfkh.jpg

yCg9Bn7h.jpg

Rockauto shows that style mount available for a 1998 XJ 4 cylinder. At first I though someone used ZJ engine mounts. I'm guessing the ones you have and the traditional XJ mounts must be interchangeable. The part number is SKM3131.

I have seen something like that before. I want to say those look like the mounts for my '95 Cummins.

Rockauto shows that style mount available for a 1998 XJ 4 cylinder. At first I though someone used ZJ engine mounts. I'm guessing the ones you have and the traditional XJ mounts must be interchangeable. The part number is SKM3131.

Those aren't right, these are a completely welded assembly. Only way to replace is to unbolt the entire mount bracket from the frame or press/cut out the insert.

Got a call back from the local dealer. Supposedly some 97+ 2 doors equipped with the 2.5 and 5 speed got built to export specs and used a 2.5 diesel mount setup. Best part is they were discontinued back in 01. Haha.

Back