• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some freaky AW4 shit going on..

Rockdrummer93

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so just recently been having some issues with my 2001 XJ with a radesign winters shifter.

Okay so some back ground. Been running this setup for a few years now without a problem. Then early this year was up in Harlan KY with it and the shifter itself locked up. Got it home and took it apart and the cross pin was toast. Got that cleaned up and working again. Hooked up everything but before I went back out I decided to try an experiment. I wanted a way to have 1st right behind neutral. So I added a switch in. So that when the shifter was in OD with both solenoids off I could apply power to solenoid 1 giving me first. (Yes I know there would be no engine breaking. This was for just going up stuff). Took it out to a local park to give it a try and everything went to shit. With the new switch off. Driving around in the 1st (1/2) position it felt like it was in 2nd or higher. Went back to the truck and messed around with the cable thinking it wasn’t adjusted right and went back out.. now I have 1st gear in the 3rd (D) position. The switch didn’t help nothing. On or off

Now that I have it back at the house I have gone all over it making sure everything is hooked up as it should be and it is. Switches in the shifter are hooked up to the right solenoids and come on in the order they need to be but still 1st in D and honestly with the way this think is geared I can’t really tell which gear is running in the other positions but if I were to guess. It’s in 2nd in 1/2 3rd in 3rd and 1st in D.

Kinda stumped with all of this and have finally caved to the masters of the forum.. any help, insight or advice would be great appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back