• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ceramic coated header and intake

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Already started another project. What should have been a collector gasket has blown into a major under-taking. I was looking for copper gaskets and bought a new header. I received my new Revolver on Friday and spent the weekend making it perfect and dropped it off to the coaters today. I also have a set of Ti exhaust studs coming so when it all gets here I'll start the tear-down. I can't start on the intake work until the week before our camping trip so the coater's get started while I'm gone.
P1090043.JPG

P1090044.JPG

P1090045.JPG

Awesome. Whose pipes are those? Not sure I've ever seen someone do ceramic on the intake (on a Jeep, at least). Is that just to keep intake temps down? I'm curious what your goal is for going this deep into the header. What is the purpose of Ti studs?

How is the rest of the exhaust system setup? I expect to hear an exhaust sound video when its together :D

edit: Never mind the first question. I learned how to read. Banks Revolver header. Nice.

My goal is to squeeze every drop of HP of my stroker (+325HP) by trying to reduce the intake temps and maybe also the under-hood temps over-all.

The studs supposedly are the best "clamping" power as to not get any leaks. https://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1154296

I currently have a Revolver on it with a full 2-1/2" exhaust that sounds like a stock Jeep.

Yesterday I received the collector gaskets and Boostwerks stud set. The stud set is extremely well made, all though I'm looking forward to the over-all project, I am dreading what it will take to "clean-up" the intake manifold. I'm still waiting on my silicone air box boot(China), so it will probably be the last thing I get.
P1080569_zpsdib4k3dm.jpg

Oops, wrong pic!
P1090046.JPG

It's been "addictively dangerous", at almost 62yrs old I want to race everything on the road!

I meant to say that it's 4yrs old now, but still want more!

I just picked up my header from the coaters! It looks great and I can't wait till the 18th to get started.
P1090047.JPG

P1090048.JPG

Yeah but pretty doesn't get it done! When I talked to Russ last week he told me of a few saying they are getting almost 20mpg, that's what I'm shooting for.

I just got back from some "before" testing. With the ambient temp of 110* and running up to 50mph my AIT was 150-155* depending on the throttle position. Nothing else will be done so it should be a fair test as long as it's 110* outside, humidity is about the same/constant this time of year

I forget your in Arizona thats hot.

Looking ford to how the coating does. Ive seen pistons even being coated

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm currently running a Revolver and that's what the new one is.

I've got everything done/removed this morning but the 3 lower/center intake/header bolts. I'm taking a break right now thinking on how I got them installed!
P1090057.JPG

It's really hot out there but I got the manifold off and started the rough cleanup. I have a long ways to go and it will be sand-blasted prior to coating.
P1090058.JPG

P1090059.JPG

P1090060.JPG

P1090061.JPG

Here's where I left off yesterday. It's looking really good, every bump/protrusion is being ground down. I will finish up today and get it to the coaters in the morning.
P1090062.JPG

Back