• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powers Steering advice

92, XJ, 4.0
My power steering pump needs replacement.
Any advice other than Auto Zone etc?
Thanks

Cardone remanufactured is junk. I still need to replace mine again. The Cardone one I got seems weak compared to what it replaced, and it's really loud when it's cold out.

Ok then.. I guess those are not great either. GOod to know. Are they remains as well? Anyway, was looking to PSC. Is there a PSC direct replacement for the 1991 XJ 4.0? I don't want to add a cooler, it's a just a stock XJ. I read the thread by Anak about the PSC and the missing lug at least on his later year XJ. I guess that's the one. Any/all info always appreciated. Thx

PSC does not make one that fit's a '91.

Ok then.. I guess those are not great either. GOod to know. Are they remains as well? Anyway, was looking to PSC. Is there a PSC direct replacement for the 1991 XJ 4.0? I don't want to add a cooler, it's a just a stock XJ. I read the thread by Anak about the PSC and the missing lug at least on his later year XJ. I guess that's the one. Any/all info always appreciated. Thx

Yeah, it's the "remanufactured" Cardones that are frequently worse than the worn out one you're replacing.

Back