• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket alarm door lock wiring?

javelin401

NAXJA Forum User
Just throwing a line out on best way to tie in a negative pulse lock/unlock signal (500ma) from a new alarm system. 98 XJ, Factory - PL, remote keyless entry, overhead console. No factory alarm. I'm trying to make connections at the junction block where it appears I would need to add relays and provide a reversing polarity input to the door lock motors. Wondering if there's a way to mimic the signal the PDM receives from the overhead module's lock/unlock sequence and skip the added relay wiring.
thanks!

Actually less, way less. No relay needed. See FSM page 8W-61-2 Using negative output lock, unlock pulses from alarm and tapping into OR/VT p35, PK/VT p36 wires from the pass pwr lock/window which can be found on near the upper right side of the Junct block (where harness passes from door to interior) the alarm pulse mimics the same ground applied when a lock is actuated via a door switch. works great. I would post a photo of the wiring but i need a URL for that ??? Old man here knows not where to find such how-to info here.

thanks for the relay link which is a good resource.

Back