• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Day trip

you guys signing up for topless for tatas? gonna be a madhouse there that day

Im 90% sure we can be there, as long I can get time in the shop to sort out my unit bearing saga on the Rock Assault 9, and i also changed my mind on my gear ratio. I may have a JK Rubicon on 37's tagging along too.

Im 90% sure we can be there, as long I can get time in the shop to sort out my unit bearing saga on the Rock Assault 9, and i also changed my mind on my gear ratio. I may have a JK Rubicon on 37's tagging along too.

Sweet, would be good to see ya again, FYI the part will probably be crazy being it is the Tata s run.

STROKER

No worries we just have to start early and jump over to the northeast property. Get as far as possible on greens to keep the distance. Tatas groups tend to be long and slow going. Fwiw, Carol and I are looking forward to it.
Rich

Gonna try to make it, need to shakedown this new rig, just gotta get a rear recover point on and it should be good

Given the large group coming for Tatas, starting that early makes sense.

I'll have to consider either a very early start or overnighting out there in one of the hotels (like I did for the "trail of tears" run EHall put together a couple years back). Good thing the 13th is my off-friday with the current COVID work schedule, I won't have to worry about getting home from work late...

Unfortunately, we wont be making this weekend. The XJ is ready, but I'm buried in the shop and parts availability is killing every plan I attempt. We will see everyone at Rocktoberfest.

Hey, these things happen. On the bright side, sounds like you're keeping busy.

Looks like I'll be driving out Saturday morning - I broke my trip odometer on the ride home from PAJeeps two weeks ago (speed and odo still functional), so I pulled the cluster out yesterday to see what was going on with it, to see if I could fix it easily.

Not so much - the little "finger" that goes down between the tenths and miles digits in the trip had broken. Attempts to glue it were unsuccessful, and apparently when I pulled the needle out to allow me to remove the gauge face I broke the speedo mechanism, because when I put the needle back it didn't move the same way as it did before. Apparently with a 92, you cannot get at the odo/trip mechanicals without removing the gauge face, and it looks in retrospect that pulling that needle was a BAD idea.

So, have a salvage cluster en-route from the mid-west (found one on eBay last night at a reasonable price and availability from what appears to be a reputable seller). They're claiming delivery on or before Friday, which fortunately is the every-other-Friday I have off these days. So, will be transplanting the speedo module from that into my cluster, so I working speedo. Also have to install the new radio (bought a "Dual" last fcheap all, not happy with it and picked up a to replace it) and wind the line back onto the winch.

Note to self: Research the little motor that drives the odo/trip gears in these speedos so I can apply voltage straight to it to wind the odo forward to get it to match my original one plus any miles driven in the interim...

Unfortunately, we wont be making this weekend. The XJ is ready, but I'm buried in the shop and parts availability is killing every plan I attempt. We will see everyone at Rocktoberfest.

Sorry to hear, but duty calls, we've all been there! Definitely try for Rocktoberfest, should be a great time, we're looking forward to it!
Rich

Hey, these things happen. On the bright side, sounds like you're keeping busy.

Looks like I'll be driving out Saturday morning - I broke my trip odometer on the ride home from PAJeeps two weeks ago (speed and odo still functional), so I pulled the cluster out yesterday to see what was going on with it, to see if I could fix it easily.

Not so much - the little "finger" that goes down between the tenths and miles digits in the trip had broken. Attempts to glue it were unsuccessful, and apparently when I pulled the needle out to allow me to remove the gauge face I broke the speedo mechanism, because when I put the needle back it didn't move the same way as it did before. Apparently with a 92, you cannot get at the odo/trip mechanicals without removing the gauge face, and it looks in retrospect that pulling that needle was a BAD idea.

So, have a salvage cluster en-route from the mid-west (found one on eBay last night at a reasonable price and availability from what appears to be a reputable seller). They're claiming delivery on or before Friday, which fortunately is the every-other-Friday I have off these days. So, will be transplanting the speedo module from that into my cluster, so I working speedo. Also have to install the new radio (bought a "Dual" last fcheap all, not happy with it and picked up a to replace it) and wind the line back onto the winch.

Note to self: Research the little motor that drives the odo/trip gears in these speedos so I can apply voltage straight to it to wind the odo forward to get it to match my original one plus any miles driven in the interim...

Just FYI if you weren't aware, but there's a place called Dead Jeeps in New England that has a really nice site and loads of parts. Very nice people, they have helped me tremendously with random bits for Eeyore.
Rich

Just FYI if you weren't aware, but there's a place called Dead Jeeps in New England that has a really nice site and loads of parts. Very nice people, they have helped me tremendously with random bits for Eeyore.
Rich

As it happens, I got a passenger side front seat bracket from them back when I had the driver's one fail two years ago at Rocktoberfest. Agree they're good to do business with.

I did look at them for this, but all their ebay auctions were saying deliver by 8/30. The one I bought said deliver by this , so I took the chance on it arriving in time to throw in for the weekend.

Booooo, that stinks, but work is work and parts are….well not available…lol, I feel your pain.
See you in October.

STROKER

Looks like trailer parking is gonna be the old lot, we just plan on meeting up down or ?

Back