• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collision of two Cherokee's

That'll buff right out. Thats amazing that no one was killed, but it sounds like they were seriously injured though--understandably.

Another thing I noticed is that the white country edition seems to have come out a lot better. Maybe it was the way they collided, but the Country is at least a '95 and thats when they reinforced the unibody and made some safety improvements, maybe it made a difference.

Hey we got 4 start frontal crash test ratings for driver and passenger in the Cherokee.
:D

Haha, well if any one wants a quick chop job done. But yeah thats pretty amazing that no one died.

that looks like the work of the fire department to me, not the wreck. call them up, im sure they will let you use the jaws of life for your next chop. :roflmao:

If you´ll notice the motors, didn´t end up in the front seat. Seen that way too often (driving a tow truck) in serious front end crashes, with other manufacturers vehicles.
Seems the Jeep engineers, did something right. :thumbup:

That is another thing I love about our Cherokee's. these things are tough and safe as hell. I am probably alive today because we took my wifes Cherokee to visit family instead of my truck. They do just as well hit from behind on a 70+mph rear impact, although it did make it an extremely short wheelbase model.

-Copperhead

This kind of left front crash is what gave the Xj only a "marginal" crash rating. The intrusion into the passenger compartment was giving the "driver dummy" a broken leg.
Otherwise it would have gotten a "good"rating.

Sorry, I can't remember the site where I saw it. I would have linked it. I saw it 3 years ago when I bought my XJ.

Stan

If my dad didn't have steel front bumper on his 89 he would prolly be dead today. He was hit by 5 different cars and a semi while spinning on the highway after a kid hit him going 70+. All 4 corners were hit and his bumperand push bar were sanwiched. He is Disabled now but he can still walk and he is still alive so thank God for the XJ!

Back