• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newb fab question

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
How do I calculate the angle of the red cuts to make 1 = 2.

WPIBNwj.jpg

That's great you don't have to answer.

Someone capable of answering, Do you just cut the angle of 2 off the end?

Last edited:
If you measure the angle of the crossmember, you just make that angle of a cut on it, if that makes sense. If 2 is angled 45 degrees upwards, a 45 degree cut will even it out. Hope this helps.

If you measure the angle of the crossmember, you just make that angle of a cut on it, if that makes sense. If 2 is angled 45 degrees upwards, a 45 degree cut will even it out. Hope this helps.

Perfect, just wanted to make sure before I waste steel. Thank you.

That's great you don't have to answer.
It was a simple question I just needed to verify.
Your shit talking serves no legitimate purpose.

Perhaps fabrication should be left to those that are willing to to a little research and reading.

This!

Too many people want everything spoonfed to them.

Buy a darn protractor. read it. Use what you read.

It was a simple question I just needed to verify.
Your shit talking serves no legitimate purpose.

Do you honestly expect to get much help with your attitude?

The idiot proof method is to simply draw it full scale and take the measurements from that.

I'm a fan of idiot proof; I know what I'm capable of.

Last edited:
Give him some slack. At least he's trying to do it right. I know there are folks here who wouldn't even cut and just fill the gap with with a whole spool of wire.

A protractor will help but it's the hard way. Just get an angle finder and then transfer the angle to the new metal.

The idiot proof method is to simply draw it full scale and take the measurements from that.

I'm a fan of idiot proof; I know what I'm capable of.

I drew it out to figure it out. Apparently wanting to make sure isn't cool.
Everyone just wants to shit talk.
I said it was a newb question I guess that's invitation for them to show how big their e-dick is.

Last edited:
Do you honestly expect to get much help with your attitude?

You missed the post where he said I shouldn't even try. Also the post where I thanked the guy that actually helped.

something that those who have done interior trim and molding will know...
you will actually have to miter both pieces of material if you want the joint to line up without a gap.
We have a winner with the right answer!

And while it only took 13 years, this is my 2000th posting.
And I have been RED since joining. Thanks NAXJA.

You missed the post where he said I shouldn't even try. Also the post where I thanked the guy that actually helped.

You are the one that flew off the handle. A link was provided that explained the process fairly well.
If you didnt want to read anything you should have gotten a piece of metal coat hanger bent it to the angles you needed the transcrided that to the piece you are working on. No math no read no measurements.

Back