• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What vehicle came w/OEM Temp/Compass/Map Lights Rear View Mirror?

selarep said:
any one looking for one of these still?

I would be.

Mike

I got my kit for $150 shippedcomplete and brand new, just like this but with map lights. and all harness.
6a_1_b.JPG

Excuse me for bringing this back from the depths... :looser:

I was starting to look for the Gentex-177 again and ran across this thread. I would like the simultanous disply of temp and compass, map lights would be extra perk. Anyone know what vehicles i'm looking for or is the one pictured above aftermarket?

that one above is universal aftermarket. I still have mine new in the box and I will not be installing it if anyone is interested in buying it. it comes complete with all the wiring and sensors.

Grand Cherokees from 93-96 have this type of mirror. Not all of them, but they are out there, 2 of my friends have ones from those years and both have the mirror you guys are looking for from the factory. So look around the bone yards. And the install on this isn't that hard. If you can find one of the Chrylser ones from say 93-01 it's plug and play if your XJ is in that same year range. I have a 96 and the wiring harnes was alreay there for that type of mirror. All I had to do was add the temp sensor by the bumper.

I'm in the same situation. I want the dome lights in the mirror so I can mod them with LED's and make it easier to see things up front, i have a mirror with 3 of the 4.

Hi Selarep,

Did you ever mod your rear view mirror with LEDs? If so, I would like to know how you did it.

Thank you.

^ nope. no map lights.

I figured it out though. and we're all gonna laugh... TJ's had the option to come with a rear view mirror that has a temp, compass and map lights.
Also, Lincoln Continentals, Chrysler Siebrings, and most of the new Jeeps come with them too. Very easy 7 wire set up. I'm still trying to get confirmation that the Lincolns/Fords came with the temp feature becauase all I am seeing is the compass.
7 hours later i finally figure it out.... arg.
Price runs usually about $100 if you can find em, if not, look at spending about 250$.

Happy Hunting!

I was gonna say... It's been a while, but I thought my 06 Rubicon had all four of those things.

Back