• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling issues

cushdaddy

NAXJA Forum User
My phone won't let me search and my computer sux. It been about 80 here in Ohio and I have been getting hot. 1998 with 4.0 and auto trans. New radiator about 5 year's ago. I installed it, but the PO bought it. Blew the side off. I typically have sludge at my cap. I replaced the T-stat, the water pump and the fan clutch. It still went up to the electric fan kick on point. I don't know of stop leak was added at any point, but I flushed it and I am still running hotter than normal. What is the best way to flush and check the radiator? I have watched some videos, but, I've done all that. If the radiator is partially plugged, what is the best cleaner? Should I pull the radiator and lay it flat and let it soak?

I think it would be a better idea to install a fresh radiator. 5 years from low budget radiator is about all one should expect.

Back