• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm upgrade

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
looking to upgrade, lots of kits to choose from
currently running short arm 4.5 with acos about 5.5" of lift and 33" tires.
looking for opinons and what makes one better then others.

i too have been looking into this, for a 6 inch kit, i have noticed some have bent arms for an increased turning radius. just something you might want to keep in mind?

I will throw this out there. I have a Tera-Flex long arm kit (older generation) and I am quite happy with it. It was modded to a radius arm type set-up, and so far no issues. I get and out and wheel a couple time a month, no blown bushings, problems yet. It flexes quite well on the rocks, and soaks up the whoop-di-doos in the arroyos at speed.

I've been looking into this for a while now for my '97 XJ. I'm leaning towards the BDS long arm upgrade. The reason is that it is the only kit that I can find that is running a true 4-link setup and not a radius arm style setup like the Rusty's, Clayton, or Rubicon Express. Plus, the no fine print lifetime warranty on the BDS stuff is pretty hard to beat as well.

first,,, what do you want to do with your jeep.mud, trail, speed, rocks...there is no "best" long arm kit.it depends on what YOU want your jeep to do.4 links tend to be better at speed,3 links tend to flex best,Y, or radius arms tend to flex well and are simpler and stronger but can be wierd at speed in whoops. find folks that have different types, and ask them what they think. just about everybody on this site recommends what THEY are running,,,but they dont even ask you what you are gonna do with it. hmmm. use your head,,, this stuff is spendy, you dont want to be disappointed or spend foolishly.

just a heads up, but scroll down to the bottom of this page, off to the left there is an area called "Similar Threads" with a few threads below it which are similar to the topic of this thread.

not to be an ass, but it's a good place to find info much like your looking for.

I have been running a RockKrawler brand 6.5" long arm 3 link. I have been crawling with it for nearly 2 years and have had to only tighten and adjust it as needed. Flexes like crazy and takes me places I would have only dreamed of going....for rock crawling, I would highly recommend it.

Back