• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOGGLE SWITCHES

I would have a separate switch to turn the on-on-on switch on/off. I would use the on-on-on switch to turn on 3 different light configurations on but I don't want them on at the same time.

What are your desired configurations? I've done custom light relay control design for a few people on here, let me know and I can probably whip up a diagram for you in a few minutes. Would you mind using a 3 or 4 position slide switch instead of a toggle switch? Or if not that, perhaps a rotary switch?

I am planning on doing a fitch box to hold the relays with a cat-5 cable ran to a switch panel that had a main on-off switch and a on-on-on switch to turn on 3 different color led lights that I don't want on at the same time. I was thinking about a toggle or a rotary switch.

A rotary switch will do it easily, I'd go that route. if you get a single pole 4 throw (SP4T) rotary you won't even need the main on/off, you'll have off/color1/color2/color3 positions.

Ah now that you said what you actually want to do with them, rotary would be much easier than toggle or rocker.

I have a fitchbox for sale in the NAC section, PM me if you want info.

relays - junkyard! ultra cheap.

cat-5 plugs - you can get all the stuff you need in the wiring aisle in home depot.

rotary switch - radio shack might have them still, I'm not sure.

fuse block - your favorite auto chain store.

Radioshack here still has a huuuge assortment of switches, plugs, etc. I would check there if I were you.

Back