• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUILD: My 1987 "Wagoneer" XJ Limited

Re: Door-panel(s) Installed

I just noticed the rubber at the bottom of the door in that shot. Been wanting to see if I could find some of those for my '00. Could you by any chance post a better shot? Thank you.

Well... It seems Photobucket has finally locked me out of posting links to my pictures. Anyone know of an alternative to Photobucket?

I just noticed the rubber at the bottom of the door in that shot. Been wanting to see if I could find some of those for my '00. Could you by any chance post a better shot? Thank you.

MInG1OR.jpg

3RowFgp.jpg

N9cDGmT.jpg

Good.

You have the only thread I look for on this site.

Thanks for all the great posts and pics.

So kind of you.... Nice to hear.

Parts diagram:
SBWQgkg.png

Try these folks:
FRONT
5500 7010 - Larchmont Chrysler @ 914-636-3030
5500 7011 - Larchmont Chrysler @ 914-636-3030
REAR
5500 7014 - Vintage Parts @ 877-846-8243
5500 7015 - Vintage Parts @ 877-846-8243

Door-panels: Done!

A bit of a repeat... Some finishing touches. Door-handles/chrome-plates on front-panels. Added speakers in the rear-panels.

1ReM5m1.jpg

TezlVCK.jpg

Speakers in the rear. Wow!

Did you do any work on the lock toggle switches to make them black again?

I was pleasantly surprised there was enough room for the speakers. Although I had to get shallow-baffles, and still trim them. Also, I had to cut a piece of sheet-metal to form a hole/cut-out for all four screws to catch.

All the black lock-toggle-switches are original... The only one that needed replaced because it was damaged... Was the front-passenger's-door.

Seat-Covers

The Seats/Seat-covers are back from the Upholsterer. A reminder the skins were New-Old-Stock stored in a climate-controlled warehouse for the last 30-years. They were quite the subject of chat at the Upholstery-shop!

36AN48g.jpg

Chasing an intermittent problem...

... is a pain! Intermittently, the door-lock would not operate. Traced all the wires and checked all the connectors... No fix. Finally, found one pin on the connector to the door-lock relay was slightly pulled-out... Fixed!

So then... I decided I wanted fade-on/fade-off courtesy-lamps. Here's what I installed:

(4-seconds fade-on / After doors are closed, a 6-second hold-on, then a 4-second fade-off)

KkPhDvG.png

Here's how it is connected:
zHUoWqP.png

Door-panel Courtesy-lamps

Just had to do it...
pNNu5dt.jpg

The lens:

XTzsCkz.png

The sockets:

UAj2CSg.png

The bulbs:

EK6oRUs.png

These are useful little things... Connect in-line to control lamp/light brightness:
OjHM8RJ.png

Another useful item... Unlike a traditional bit, this bit does not pull carpet. Then, drill a hole in the door-panel metal-frame to accommodate the socket:

TvBoyXG.png

Door-edges...

Back in the garage working again...

Over the years the screws that hold the trim on the door-edges are either missing or the screw-holes were different sizes. As a result, I have various size screws with various size screw-heads. Then, where the woodgrain wraps around inside the door with an unfinished end.

So... I covered it all with a a piece of weatherstripping.

BbqpNMg.png
[/IMG]

Lift-gate Sill-plate

It seems most of the used lift-gate sill-plates had scratches in the same place. I even purchased a NOS that then scratched in the same place.

Concluded that the latch in the lift-gate with too tight to the sill-plate. So... I cut-out around the latch, then covered the sill-plate with flex-carpet; And lined the opening with the same adhesive-back material I put between the bumper and gap.

GPbM4Pv.png

Dash

The dash is now reassembled. Radio in (power-antenna operational), and face-plate installed.

Then... I stood-back and could still see some of the wiring under the dash. Used a piece of corner-molding and covered it with flex-carpet... 3M taped to the underneath.

Then... Time to cover the black separator between the upper and lower dashes. Attached a filler between screw-heads to level (see below), then covered with black-molding. Used a heat-gun to contour around the edges and around the side to cover-up the seam (see below).

CUl6WRq.png

85QhyhK.png

Interior Panels

Interior panels are covered with flex-carpet and ready to be installed:

14NbQAk.jpg

In search of the right power-seat-bezel - NOS or virgin condition

In search of the right power-seat-bezel - NOS or virgin condition... Help?

Example:
CLimO3M.jpg

Back