• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Classic Right Rear Window Issue

DinoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ladies and Gents, I've got a moderately inconvenient yet extremely annoying problem. The RR window will not go up or down by either the drivers or passengers switch.

This is not related to the window lock bypass issue that causes lack of control of the windows by the passengers. That was also an issue but did not give control of the window to either switch.

Here's what I've done so far troubleshooting wise:

1. Put RR window switch on LR window and LR window rolled down

2. Connected RR window motor to the LR window switch and the motor moved up and down with no noises or issues

3. Replaced driver main switch and all three other windows still have full control, nothing on RR window

4. Put voltmeter to wiring harness going into the switch and got power at the green/white (power for down) wire and got 12 volts when pressing switch down from the driver main switch, Did not get power at the gray/black (power for up) wire when pressing switch up at the driver main switch. I checked the LR for reference and both their wires got 12 volts where necessary

5. Checked wires in door boot and all were good

There isn't anything else I can think to do before chasing wires. Before tearing through my wiring harness I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions, fixes, or at least a direction to head.

Can anyone help?

I would check your wires in the driver door as well you can have a split wire there also try a simple continuity test to make sure it is working in both directions sounds like only down is working on the switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back