• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is it with Subarus and Bumper stickers

I think the Forester comes with your choice of an upside-down pink triangle, or a rainbow sticker.
Preferred option package XY adds mud mats, a chain for your wallet, and a K.D. Lang box set.
:gag:

EDIT: The K.D. Lang box set still has me giggling.

Ummmm...I guess that I must have that tenth Subaru. The only stickers on mine are: Bush '04, and an anti gun control one. I agree though, there does seem to be a lot of yuppies driving Scoobys.

I know that I am going to get flamed for this, but...My 93 Impreza does better in the snow than most SUV's (including my XJ). It is AWD, and when you add studded tires, it'll go anywhere. True, it has ground clearance issues, but at 30mpg, 5spd, fully loaded, I'm not complaining. :)

bgcntry72 said:
I think the Forester comes with your choice of an upside-down pink triangle, or a rainbow sticker.
Preferred option package XY adds mud mats, a chain for your wallet, and a K.D. Lang box set.
:gag:

EDIT: The K.D. Lang box set still has me giggling.

I lived in the Pacific Northwest for 7 years, and up there Subarus are the official car of the alternative lifestyle/celebrate diversity crowd. My wife, God bless her - did not know what the pink triangle or rainbow sticker meant until we moved there and we started seeing them on every Subaru wagon that went down I-5.
For me, those cars are now tainted and I couldn't buy one. It's too bad because I think that they are well engineered vehicles.

my step mom has a forrester, she loves it half to death, and it works really well when the roads turn slick and nasty up around the house at home....i've never seen the eco terrorist stickers either....guess i'm lucky, hell i dunno

i thought it was only a Vermont alternative -lifestyle thing.. they are everywhere.. from old to new new ones.. i think its because the real hippies that havent grown up and got responsible cant afford the new volvos.... quite often i see a rusted out late 80s wagon rolling along the highway puking out smoke as its 300000 mile engine wheezes up the mountains out of the valleys on their way to a "clean air " rally.... seems a bit hypocritical dont you think? (maybe a little stereo-typical profiling as well?) i guess if you use less gas it makes you feel good about yourself.... i learned to hate subarus in the mid 80s liveing in a college town working in a garage.. it seemed that every subaru GL wagon on the road needed an exhaust and they were all lined up outside my bay.. (it sure seemed that way at least) and there was one certain length of pipe that was (at that time) a dealer-only item that needed to be ordered from some warehouse out west th at cost over $200.. i always remeber that.. they are probably one of the best engineered cars on the road now and i do like the styling.. but i just could never bring myself to be practical enough to buy one...
just think how good your XJ would do with studded snows...

ok hippies... flame away.... :wave:

88woody said:
I know that I am going to get flamed for this, but...My 93 Impreza does better in the snow than most SUV's (including my XJ). It is AWD, and when you add studded tires, it'll go anywhere. True, it has ground clearance issues, but at 30mpg, 5spd, fully loaded, I'm not complaining. :)
I won't flame you...In fact there is one Subaru that I would love to have and thats a WRX preferably the fast one....So far I haven't seen any SUWA,Protect wild utah,Vote for Nader,come out come out where ever you are,Sierra Club, ELF or Celebrate Diversity stickers on them yet.

the wrx's are NICE.....couple of people i know have em, and they are constantly doin something with em.

My folks got one of the first Subaru wagons in the US. A 71 model IIRC, They traded it in on a 74? and the dealer kept the old one for a shop car... we saw that old one around forever.

I inherited their '81 2WD wagon with a half-full loan payment book in '83. It saw a lot of abuse and only ever required normal maintenance.

I would dig a WRX for a DD.

A WRX is too wimpy. Give me an STI. But then, it'll get the same mpg as my XJ. 0-60 in 5.4,.........Drool......

88woody said:
A WRX is too wimpy. Give me an STI. But then, it'll get the same mpg as my XJ. 0-60 in 5.4,.........Drool......
A regular WRX will do 0-60 in 5.7.....The STi will do it in4.6. Thats fast. I know of guys doing less then a thousand dollers in upgrades and getting 0-60 times in the 3s. Thats incredible

Back