• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ ZJ or KJ disc conversion

As for a comparison to the WJ??????
Virtually every high-end build is running Baer, Wilwood, or Brembo.........not WJ brakes.

I have high expectations.

All you've done is make trail repairs impossible with "not readily" available parts! Your braking will be about the same.

No it did not.

WJ brakes are the byproduct of steering and TB geometry........that is the job at hand.

I would love to have crossover steering, but not at the expense of braking and not at the expense of TB geometry.

Can I fabricate? sure. Can I cobble something up for braking? possibly.

I've been through EVERY freak'n WJ thread, read every word, learned from every mistake others have made..........seen every F'n hack job too.
To get the TB right takes a lot of work and some sacrifice of other parts and arrangements such as sway bar mounts........just not worth if for me. Others done the full WJ axle swap to get there.............

If you think WJ brakes are a bolt-on wonderment............dream on.

Or you can just not do anything with the steering! When I did my WJ brakes I had no intention of re-doing my steering( I did just upgrade to the Currie Correctlink).

There are some parts your not exactly going to get at the local napa with a wj swap either

Name one part that can't be purchased anywhere OTC!

Rotors. Unless of course you are running 2 different lug patterns

But at least you can buy it! It only takes 15 minutes and a drill to fix the pattern issue. It doesn't have to be accurate since the rotor is "hub-centric". If "push came to shove", you could use a KJ rotor!

Back