• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECU tuning

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I spoke with Dave at B+G Performance this morning about what they could do for me. I think I'm going to p/u a spare ECU and send to them and see what happens. Having my original for back-up if there are any problems!

A 2000, I've already ordered a new one which I'll install to make sure it works(warranty) and send off my old one. I think I've compiled everything he needs to do a tune!

I received my new ECU today. It's already installed and the other one is already packaged up ready to go to Dave. Is there anything(info wise) that I might be over-looking that Dave would need to know?

I called Dave this morning and got my ECU mailed out this afternoon. He said turn around times are about 24-48hrs at the moment. Hopefully get it back by late next week. I need to get the injectors changed out this weekend!

Most of the tune will be Dave's call based on all the specs I sent him, but basically adjusting the fuel maps and the timing maps.

Well I just received my ECU back from B&G so I should have a report on it by this evening. It's marked "not legal for highway use" so I hope that's just a disclaimer!

Yes, but all the "Readiness Monitors" haven't cleared yet so I have "really" tested it.

My PCM is all clear now and I spoke with Dave this afternoon to get a more detailed description of what he was able to accomplish. Tomorrow I will go on a road trip to check my gas mileage followed by some hard core performance testing!

Well I just got home from my 300 mile trip with great news. I averaged 16.3 mpg on a 325hp/400ft/lb extreme 4.6, way better than what I was getting! Dave said that among other things he adjusted the "torque management curve", I not sure what that means but the shifting points are way better specifically the "down-shift under load" at high speed.

I will add that the drive was at 70mph with the a/c on. The fuel trims stft and ltft were basically at "0" with the IAT @ 120* and the engine temps at 210*.

I called Dave again this morning to thank him for his excellent work! I wished I had done this before I ever put it on the dyno, but during the build I was only aware of Ryan and Chris for tuning and it sounded difficult and expensive.

Back