• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

o2 simulator??

Dirt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2k xj with the two CATS and two o2 sensors on the manifold. I am really not going to need all this when my rig becomes full trail. Plus this would be a real problem when it comes to putting in a new front axle because the exaust hangs so low. I don't want my CEL on all the time and don't want to break out the bulb. I do however want a manifold without converters on it. I was talking about my concern with a guy at work and he says put in an o2 simulator. I had never heard of this. Do any of you guys have any experience with these. Would you suggest them? Should this should be in tech?

https://www.casperselectronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Last edited:
The problem is that they help determine the mixture and control the motor, or at least one of them does.

Just get rid of the cat if you want but install the o2 in the pipe.

The front little cat is just a prep-cat and does nothing. mine was gone on my 98 and it still passes the Ca test.

I would personally run the cat and ditch the muff! This is what I have now and like it a lot. On my 95!

hinkley

I used a MIL eliminator that I bought on ebay and got rid of the one that connects to my cat. You still have to use the sensor, but it doesn't have to be connected to anything. So I just tied mine up out of the way and I am thinking of running longer wires to put it under the hood. But I have no cat and a red hot glass pack and no check engine light. But we don't have inspections in ks.

Back