• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CA smog - hot air tube

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The hot air tube from outside the exhaust manifold to the front of the air box - not really a smog component- any thoughts or experiences showing up to smog without it? It’s junk after bumping it a few times with a ratchet.

I have never done it but mine is starting to fall apart too; just no holes.

IIRC, the Silverback had a tube welded to an aftermarket manifold so he had a place to clamp that tube so that it didnt raise flags.

Made it with the hot air tube rigged back in place. ALMOST lost it for other 34 year old hoses, guess it is time to do more maintenance. After I get my sticker. HC, CO, NO all look really good actually.

they have failed me many times for removing it. I always put it on now.

they have failed me many times for removing it. I always put it on now.

That is odd. Last time I did my jeep not only did I not have the part on but I had the front intake hole sealed off and a different intake coming from my snorkel into the rear of the air box. The smog guy said that as long as it was factory from the filter downstream it is fine.

CA smog in Auburn off of 49 is who I went to. Seems likes is a crap shoot on who does the check as to what answer you will get.

Back