• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty’s “Jeepspeed” leafs

Dzldust

NAXJA Forum User
Been looking at rear leafs ,stumbled across Rusty’s web page and they offer a 4” “Jeepspeed” 10 leaf military wrapped rear leaf spring for $500 made in Canada. Anybody know of this company in Canada and if they make a decent spring? I have done business with Deaver,National and Alcan over the years and have been happy,just curious if anyone has experience with the Rusty springs .

I called and they told me what I wrote in the first post ,I’m on the fence but with them being $250 or more difference from the Deavers ,it’s tempting. I’m not going to “race” my rig but do want a quality leaf pack other than the standard RE or OME type .

I have the Iron Rock Offroad 3.5" leafs on 3 of my XJ's and have been real happy with them. Much better than the crappy RE leafs I had on 2 of them. The RE's in my experience rode like shit and had an equally shitty shackle angle.

If you use the IRO boomerang shackles, you get a decent shackle angle without using shackle relocation brackets. The IRO leafs are slightly longer than stock.

YMMV, but that's been my experience.

I called and they told me what I wrote in the first post ,I’m on the fence but with them being $250 or more difference from the Deavers ,it’s tempting. I’m not going to “race” my rig but do want a quality leaf pack other than the standard RE or OME type .

Quote to subscribe. I'm running OME and not loving the feel.. squishy maybe.
I've been emailing Deaver dealers but can't seem to get a reply. Guess a phone call is in order.
Do you have p/n for Deaver srprings? From what I've found out they offer only 4.5". My XJ has 3.5" OME lift so wonder if 4.5 might look stupid (stinkbug/rake) or if the combo would be ok.

Appreciate any insight. Deaver seems to top the list here.

Thanks.

Ok, found a dealer in SLC. Sounds very knowledgeable and says the G9 4" Deavers are the XJ springs most common but that Deaver willl build to custom specs (12 weeks out). Planning to unload the XJ and weigh it, then load up with what I normally carry and weigh again for data and recommendations on whether I need a custom spring. Overthinking it maybe but I want it right this time. Might end up with the G9.
Josh at Midnight 4x4 says Deaver recommends boomerang shackles with some of their spring packs. I'm not up to speed on the geometry of all this so still looking at that.

Back