• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WANTED-ECM

90MJ242

NAXJA Forum User
Need ECM for 1990 Comanche 4.0 Auto trans, believe any 87-90 Cherokee or Comanche ECM for 4.0 Auto will work (?), my Bendix # is S101140203A. Saw one on e-bay, but ends in B (manual trans?). Did a search for ECM, but found nothing. I'm sure it's my PC technical incompetence (-:
TIA
-Scott

Thanks for the reply, John B.! From my limited knowledge and research, an ECM from any 4.0 Multi-Point Injection Renix system (not throttle body injection) will work, as long as it is for automatic trans, as manual and auto have different TPS. Send me a PM i you have one, let me know how much $ and if you can ship it to me, and I'll take it!
-Scott

Just to correct some very minor mis-information. The ECU's are the same except that the automatic has an additional input to bump the idle when the auto is in gear. They use the same signal for the TPS. The automatic just has a dual section TPS.

Any Renix automatic ECU should work. There were minor internal changes but nothing you will see from the outside.

Thank you, Old Man for the correct info! The biggest kick in the pants is that I had a 1989 XJ in my driveway for 4 months while I pulled the engine, AW4, and transfer to rebuild/keep as spares for my 215,000 mile Comanche, but I failed to pull the ECM and the guy towed it away last week! Then I jump started a stuck Range Rover, and toasted my ECM. Isn't that how it always works? John B-I'll PM you with my info, thank you much!!!!

Back