• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt broke on Shock

blathan

NAXJA Forum User
when replacing shocks one of the bolts snapped off!! how should i fix this. take the old bolt out? how do i do that? or drill a new hole? what type of drill bit? I have tried drilling a new hole however it was unsuccessfull. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am assuming that your talking about the top bolts in the rear. I broke all 4 when I did mine recently. I drilled them out and put new bolts in them. It wasn't easy, and I think I spent more time cursing than working, but I got it done. If you do a search here in the forums, you'll find a lot of different ideas, it all depends on what you're willing to do.

same thing happened to me all four rear bolts broke you can try to use a screw extracter but it prob wont work if the bolt broke i jus drill all 4 of mine out. thats prob what you should do.

Search for "upper shock bolts".

Thanks to a tip I found by searching NAXJA, I air-hammered out all the welded nuts, then dropped in new bolts from the top (so the bolts now go down, not up). Easy as pie...

Back