• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Potimus

Well been a while lots happened.....dropped a valve seat so engine had to be rebuilt again. That took 6 months to get back. During that processes also replaced axle seals and put the lunchbox in. Also put a new ironman diff cover on and had to modify the sway bar and put spacers on the reduce contact. Fixed a stereo issue and got rid of an annoying crackle along with replacing the double din faceplate. Had a really bad leak at avtranny line and the temps havent been doing good been 200+ most days. So I bypassed the rad to a standalone remote cooler. Temps stay about 150-160 and doesnt leak anymore. Next up is fixing an exhaust issue and getting so 4awg battery cables.

Took the junk out to mess around with the lunchbox. Love it offroad, on road........not so much.

Here's my cute poser shots.

nKc3XYel.jpg

4Lojpbal.jpg

Curious, I loved our '04 Overland around town. What's the nag?

The lunchbox is the nag. Without it it was fine, no issues, but the thing is loud. I had a lunchbox in the XJ and wasn't that bad but in the WJ it honestly is annoying AF. The WJ got retired from DD duties so don't mind it as much but more than likely I'm going to take it out or swap in a 9".

The lunchbox is the nag. Without it it was fine, no issues, but the thing is loud. I had a lunchbox in the XJ and wasn't that bad but in the WJ it honestly is annoying AF. The WJ got retired from DD duties so don't mind it as much but more than likely I'm going to take it out or swap in a 9".

Why not a JK 44 with elocker? Perfect width and bolt pattern for the WJ.

Why not a JK 44 with elocker? Perfect width and bolt pattern for the WJ.

That's another thought. Guess it just depends on cost.

Yeah then theres the gremlin in the back of my mind keeps saying just say f it and go tons.

Snagged some new bumpers from trailforged. Front was a black Friday deal and rear was a lucky CL find. Hoping I can get them intalled before next wheeling season but not banking on it. I'll need to fab a tire carrier for the rear but super stoked to finally get them.

Not a ton new but I did get new axles I'll eventually put in. Running a HP44 and 9. Will probably go with 4.56's and 35's. Do links for the suspension.

hppdoHRl.jpg

ApWbBSal.jpg

LktrYVtl.jpg

Picked up four brand new Summit machine joints for links. Things are monsters

4LTIdqGl.jpg

Got around to taking care of some things. First was the battery and installing new 2g wires. I ordered them a while ago from Jeepcables.com. Overall, really great kit super well built. My issues are the length of the alternator wire is about 2 ft too long and a few of the connections needed to be bent in order to fit. Install took about 2 hours of which most was tweaking things and taking out the old cables. Battery I upgraded to an Odyssey. After burning through a few of the Costco Interstates decided it was time. They just haven't lasted and I've been wanting to get a AGM battery. After everything is done really happy with it. Starts up quick regardless of temperature and idle has smoothed out as well. Old wires were beat up so something to be excepted.

q0atB81l.jpg

7kmgAGFl.jpg

Next up was finally replacing the entire power steering system. The old box was starting to get really sloppy and the pump was on it's way out. Not to mention the leaks from all the old hoses. For the pump I got a new ones from Lares. Ran one in my XJ and never had problems. For the box I went with a redhead.

8615qXcl.jpg

Wyk4qaHl.jpg

Steering is drastically improved. Box is nice and tight and turns smooth. No more leaks either so huge win.

Got around to taking care of some things. First was the battery and installing new 2g wires. I ordered them a while ago from Jeepcables.com. Overall, really great kit super well built. My issues are the length of the alternator wire is about 2 ft too long and a few of the connections needed to be bent in order to fit. Install took about 2 hours of which most was tweaking things and taking out the old cables. Battery I upgraded to an Odyssey. After burning through a few of the Costco Interstates decided it was time. They just haven't lasted and I've been wanting to get a AGM battery. After everything is done really happy with it. Starts up quick regardless of temperature and idle has smoothed out as well. Old wires were beat up so something to be excepted.

That was one of the reasons I decided to make my own for my '00 XJ.
Cause of the way the PDC is set up I was able to ditch the fuse holder and put it in front of the PDC.
Plus using 45 and 90 degree lugs here and there let me route them a little cleaner too.

Back