• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 64 bits of goodness...

Starscream

NAXJA Forum User
Woohoo!

16as3k9.jpg

I know it's not the fastest, but man, the difference over my old 1.2Gig AMD Athlon is amazing.

Service pack 2???

Service pack 3!
all the cool kids are doing it.

Its nice tho isnt it?

I noticed a huge difference after I went from 1.8 to 2.4.

I wanted to post the whole screenshot but this was all i could process..... :laugh3:

728.jpg

I acually rarely feel limited surfing the web, as for gaming, I prefer "actual reality" :cool:

Fawk service pack 3. I don't think I've ever seen a good update from Windows other than service packs, and I only get those because most things require it.

On another note, my PC promptly crashed after the install of my drivers. Now comes the trouble shooting. I actually think it's a virus and now I get to reformat. I can't wait.

Starscream918 said:
Fawk service pack 3. I don't think I've ever seen a good update from Windows other than service packs, and I only get those because most things require it.

On another note, my PC promptly crashed after the install of my drivers. Now comes the trouble shooting. I actually think it's a virus and now I get to reformat. I can't wait.

If you've got window's xp, try and revert to a week prior to all the crap happening to kill your computer. Its a pretty helpful tool if you can get your computer to open it.

operating.jpg

Ok 64 bit CPU - 64 Bit operating system. I also have Vista beta 2.

53guy said:
If you've got window's xp, try and revert to a week prior to all the crap happening to kill your computer. Its a pretty helpful tool if you can get your computer to open it.
I may try that, but I'm not sure how well it will do. I'm using my PC right now and it's yet to crash again. I just did a full virus scan and it's found nothing. I reseated the video card to see if that may have been effecting anything, and it may have worked (for reasons unknown to me).

jeepdude10000 said:
Ok 64 bit CPU - 64 Bit operating system. I also have Vista beta 2.
How do you like the 64 bit version? Is there that much of a difference? Also, what do you think of Vista so far?

The 64 bit version (Longhorn) is way faster, the CPU works with the operating system and makes everything run faster, only down fall is that it does not like certain programs or drivers.

Windows Vista - SUCKS. It looks great but it slows down the CPU, since they have alot of visual effects. And so far ican only run it for about 20 minutes at a time since it crashes alot.

My case is alwsome to, all aluminum and just looks cool.

nemaluminum.jpg
nemaluminum.jpg
pic comming

nemesis-elite-case.jpg

my case is stock...a bit of a sticker magnet though....:laugh3:
standard

Its great having a aftermarket case , my CPU stays below 8 degrees celsius.
But do have a copper thermatake silent cooler.

i've been wanting to build a new rig for a while. the prices have dropped so much it's friggin retarded.

3800+ athlon64 venice core
1gb pc3200 corsair xms
sapphire radeon x1600xt
samsung 250gb sata drive
asus a8n board

i can get that for 600 bucks shipped to my house.

XgeekstarX said:
i've been wanting to build a new rig for a while. the prices have dropped so much it's friggin retarded.

1gb pc3200 corsair xms
sapphire radeon x1600xt
samsung 250gb sata drive
asus a8n board

That was close to what I wanted to do, but I got this setup (MSI board, Athlon 64 3400+ and PNY GeForce 6800 GS) for $150 from a friend. SLI suddenly didn't seem worth the extra $450. :D

XgeekstarX said:

1gb pc3200 corsair xms
sapphire radeon x1600xt
samsung 250gb sata drive
asus a8n board

That is great, I haven't priced anything since 04 when I built this 3200 and it was more than $600!! What vendor? As you know, Newegg is probably the best online company I've ever dealt with. If only more offroad/4x4 sites were run with such professionalism and reliability.

Back