• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator hose issue

Mrbeemernc

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all.

I have a 98 XJ 2 door with the 4.0.

I recently had to replace my radiator due to a puncture and ever since then my upper radiator hose gets sucked flat (collapsed) when the engine cools off.
I'm running the same radiator cap I was before this all started and it never pulled the hose flat (even before the original radiator cracked).

The cooling system works properly and doesn't loose any coolant. The thermostat has two holes drilled in it, and the electric fans cycle on and off like they should.

Any ideas?

Get a new cap.

Sounds like you guys nailed this one already, gotta be a bad radiator cap, or plugged overflow in the radiator tube, or hose to the overflow bottle damaged, clogged, or clogged nipple on the overflow bottle. I think that covers it all.

The last radiator I put in, the nipple on the filler neck for the overflow was plugged with paint.

Back