• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler and cat cost

Putttn

NAXJA Forum User
I’m needing a new cat converter and muffler and wondered what I should expect for parts and labor. 96 Jeep Country 4.0. Not interested in doing it myself at my old age.

250+
Being as there are lots of variables, such as bolt in, weld in, brand of muffler/ tail pipe etc.

I’m needing a new cat converter and muffler and wondered what I should expect for parts and labor. 96 Jeep Country 4.0. Not interested in doing it myself at my old age.

Find a hole in the wall shop that can bend stuff up, instead of one that just orders oem parts. Had a place on Division quote me $650 to do a Nissan truck once. Found a place in CDA on Northwest blvd that did everything for $125. Funny story about the CDA shop - when I had them do a 93 ZJ muffler, I asked what the difference between the regular and the premium muffler was - he said price and warranty, it was the exact same part.

Back