• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good 4X4 Shop in Indiana?

rmoorex

NAXJA Forum User
Not going to pay $3,000 to move my 91' to 3.73. Looking for a quality 4X4 shop in Indiana that isn't on the ritzy North side of Indianapolis.

May I have a recommendation please?! Any good shops in Kokomo? Muncie? Lafayette?

Pretty sure Ben has a D30 with 3.73s for sale. Then you'd only have to regear the rear.

And 3k seems pretty high, I think most regear kits run around $500 for D30/8.25. Macs guy charges $200-250 per axle if I recall, which granted is pretty cheap for installs.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My guy is $150 per axle labor if the axle is out of the vehicle.

$200 if the axle is in the vehicle.

You provide all the parts.

Depending on your setup, I'm not sure why you'd do 3.73s...

mac '$3k is robbery' gyvr

PM me with details please!!!

for 3k I would fly in and do them.............Again, why 3.73's?

I could probably take a class AND do the work for $3K :)

The vehicle will spend 98.5% of its life on the road. Its a hunting buggy. But that is a *big deal* for me and my son as my son is disabled. I am doing this one time, and I want it to be the way I want it.

I am going back and forth like a yo-yo on the ratio. To be honest, I have read so many accounts about 4.10 vs 3.73 that my head is spinning.

But one thing that keeps sticking in my mind is what one gentleman said, "People that go to 4.10 don't often pay to put 3.73s under their Jeeps."

So I am thinking about that a lot. But that will cost me an extra Truetrac as the one I have in the Dana 44 is geared to "3.73" or lower.

What is your setup and what are you going to run for tires?

I've never met anyone that paid for 3.73s to be put in their rig...

This site can save you enough money on a gear change that you can do the tru-trac that will work with 4.10s...

mac 'and a NAXJA membership ;) 'gyvr

Well I was at 3.07. I am leaning towards 4.10. I now have 3.55 front and rear. Truetracs front and rear. 3.73 and down in the rear. 3.55 and down in the front. I was lied to. That is how I find myself in this predicament. I was told that it would be boatloads of more money to go to 3.73 in the front.

I wanna run 31s. So that points to 4.10s. But like I said, I have read lots for 3.73 for road bound vehicles. So I "dunno."

You were at 3.07s, so Im assuming its a 5 speed? Also, any plans to go bigger than 31s(we always end up going bigger!), and any wheeling? The difference between 3.55 and 3.73 will probably be negligible. Keep in mind, even though going 3.73 will get you closer to the stock final drive ratio, you have a lot more rotating mass on the tires you need to factor in.

3.55's to 3.73's probably would be barely noticeable to be worth doing. especially not worth spending money on.

I would do 4.10s with a 5 speed and 31s. You'll love it.

If you are buying tru tracs you are going to a different case anyways because I think it's a full case traction device.

mac 'better than stock power' gyvr

True Tracs are full case, but he already has one that will work with 3.73s.

I agree with Mac. I had a 4.0/AX-15 w/ 3” lift and 31s. I thought it was perfect. If you’re at 3.55s you’ll kick yourself for going to 3.73 because I don’t think I you’ll know the difference.

I would do 4.10s with a 5 speed and 31s. You'll love it.

If you are buying tru tracs you are going to a different case anyways because I think it's a full case traction device.

mac 'better than stock power' gyvr

This is what I'm gonna' do :exclamati:)

I had an ax15 with 4.10s and 31s and it was perfect. (this was a very long time ago).....in fact I bet you could just buy those original axles from the guy I sold them to. I'll find out.

What ever you decide on ratios. Mac's guy is the bomb. He will do it right. He has set up all my gears and I have no complaints.

I had an ax15 with 4.10s and 31s and it was perfect. (this was a very long time ago).....in fact I bet you could just buy those original axles from the guy I sold them to. I'll find out.

Buying a set of locked geared bolt in axles is such an easy way to regear.

I'd keep it on 3:55 and 31s and spend that money on more guns :D

So this got finished today...

6ec0f3ee1e0d43842f3fbf5d39973e0c.jpg

mac 'he went with 4.10s' gyvr

Back