• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping - Moab KOA

So my wife called KOA to confirm our reservation we made many months ago for a cabin and we still have one, but she could not tell us what cabin till we get there. Anyone else have this issue?

If anyone needs it, we have a tent site and an RV site we won't be using. Let me know if you want to transfer it to you, before we release them.

David Bricker / SYR - CLT

Tent site taken. Still have the RV site available.

David Bricker / SYR

Chester, you can stay at the 3 bedroom house we have rented. Twinhauler has a thread talking about the room we have open still.

Carol and I are confirmed for cabin K12, and I managed to add a day up front, seeing as we should be arriving Monday some time. See you all soon!
Rich

So my wife called KOA to confirm our reservation we made many months ago for a cabin and we still have one, but she could not tell us what cabin till we get there. Anyone else have this issue?

I just booked a KOA cabin and have the same issue as Woody. I'll be somewhere on KOA 10-13th

To David brickers post: guys don't dismiss an open rv site just because you plan on tenting it. We've had a few folks get one at our regional event, set up their tent, and utilize the space to park their tow rig and trailer...think about it. Convenient.
Hell, if it were close to my cabin I'd take it over just to save time in the am, my rig is just too sloppy to consider roadworthy at this point, I'm looking to tow to the trail heads.
Rich
Heck, Dave, what's the site #? I might just do that.

Last edited:
To David brickers post: guys don't dismiss an open rv site just because you plan on tenting it. We've had a few folks get one at our regional event, set up their tent, and utilize the space to park their tow rig and trailer...think about it. Convenient.
Hell, if it were close to my cabin I'd take it over just to save time in the am, my rig is just too sloppy to consider roadworthy at this point, I'm looking to tow to the trail heads.
Rich
Heck, Dave, what's the site #? I might just do that.

I'm asking Noah the site. It's not a giant RV site, but does have full hookups. What days are you looking for? Also, we'd probably better check that you can park a tow pig and trailer there. There was some rumblings about parking all trailers and tow rigs in a different area.

David Bricker / SYR

Noah says he has the site reserved for arrival on Wednesday, departure Saturday, though he should be able to extend as needed. The site is $75 a night.

Rich's point is well made on using it as a tent site. Power, water, BBQ grill. The tent site is $40-45 a night, so the RV site isn't a huge amount more, especially considering the tent sites are all gone.

We weren't looking to make any money on these; just grabbed them when we could, in case someone needed it at the last minute. Noah has until this Friday, at 5:00pm Utah time to cancel without penalties, so a decision will need to be made by then.

David Bricker / SYR

I’m sure you could park your truck and trailer on an RV site.

The only rumblings about trailer parking in a different area is if your site is not big enough to keep your trailer there at your site or a cabin.

My trailer will have to be parked somewhere other than where my cabin is.

mac ‘bring a lock’ gyvr

Another Cabin just opened up.

I was holding onto a 2 Room Camping Cabin (w/o Bathroom) - Upgraded as a backup plan but we are going to be staying in a house less than a mile from the KOA

Back