• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

UGHH. Bolt is stuck in the PSC steering gear. I have to helicoil all 3 bolt holes. I need to get the bolt out first. Already tried welding a nut to it (twice)

BjIPM54.jpg

I get so jealous going through these threads lol, I am waiting on the last few engine pieces (should be here all by the 2nd) then its the long process of saving for a trans, t.c., drivelines, then install my 8.8.. The LSXJ's that you gentlemen have built are something to envy!

I have 2 major things to do to the LSXJ to get it ready to move.

1. Make a transmission crossmember. Going to pick up a piece of 2x6 or 2x4 and bolt it up.

2. Need to get the driveshaft lengthened.

After that the LSXJ should be able to be driven onto the trailer.

nice man! That white one is a beast. Hopefully you got what you were asking.

Those two things that are needed seem to be pretty doable. May just take some time on the driveshaft depending on their work load.

nice man! That white one is a beast. Hopefully you got what you were asking.

Those two things that are needed seem to be pretty doable. May just take some time on the driveshaft depending on their work load.

So the lift, long arms, axles, wheels and tires have been swapped over to the red Jeep.

Driveshaft has been dropped off and should be ready on Wednesday.

All put together. Crossmember and driveshaft is all I need to move this beast.
yCB3uIh.jpg

I’m not quite sure how to fix this one. The red Jeep has no lift shackle relocation brackets. The white Jeep had standard shackle relocation. I believe the Deaver leafs are slightly longer than the RE springs I had. So I need to get the shackle mount to a location where a normal shackle relocation would put them. So down and back. Any ideas? As of right now the shackles are just resting on the body.
9FRUd7I.jpg

Sorry for the ungodly large photos

Back