• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual stock electric fans

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
I've seen some people cram various types of OE electric fans to replace the mechanical one. What about using another XJ electrical fan (the later type)? Would it move comparable CFM of air as the mechanical fan?

--Matt

No.

Not even close.

Right. You can even tell just by feeling the air they push

Lots of people have tried the cramming dual electric fans instead of mechanical job. Most of those who've doen it end up going back to stock mechanical fan (with new clutch) and later model OEM electric fan, it just works best that way.

I run two fans in front of the radiator and two in the engine compartment. it never gets hot unless i let it. i did this because of my frequent desert trips. leaving san diego going up the grade @ 85 my jeep use to get to about 230 or so degrees. now it barely gets to 210 and that includes long trips throught the dunes at 100 degree weather.

well if stock ones will not work due to air flow restrictions what about 2 slim flex fans? they seam to replace cluch fans on v8s alot. they also sell them to replace the fans in TJs so why not on an xj?

WIll

Back