• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission remote filter

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to find a part number for a filter adapter thats tapped for a temp sensor for use with 3/8th hose.

I have been wanting to add a remote filter and a temperature gauge for some time. I've seen a few 'kits' available such as the Derale 13091 setup but I really want to use a gauge of my choice and not one that comes in the kits. I am having a hard time finding just the filter mount on its own but someone must sell them...

I know that Amsoil offers an remote and add-on oil filter kit. Then you could run whatever you wanted.

As far as I can tell they don't offer one tapped for a temperature sensor... Could be missing something though.

Thanks guys, I think I may just give this one a try and update the actual gauge later on. I don't want to risk drilling and tapping for a sensor myself with something as mission critical as transmission fluid and I also really like the idea of the sensor in the filter mount.

Well, if you get a remote filter, you can get adapter fittings to run a tee. And install sensor there.

Back