• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Glad to see you're still a living representation of how crazy you have always been

Does anyone else here even own an XJ/MJ still?

Still got my '92, it's still going strong.

I drove my MJ 300 miles to Castorland NY, beat the bag off it, then drove it 300 miles back this weekend. Not the blue one, the white one that everyone including me thought was a festering hunk of trash in 2012, that has been rotting in the corner of my yard since 2013.

I missed driving that POS.

Did you at least check that the torque converter bolts were tight this time, or did you just use that to keep the curious away (for fear of getting hit by stray pistons)? :gee:

Did you at least check that the torque converter bolts were tight this time, or did you just use that to keep the curious away (for fear of getting hit by stray pistons)? :gee:

I deleted the torque converter bolts from that truck in 2011 :anon:

edit: whoa, red again, that was fast

Good to hear the white MJ is still kicking, hopefully still with the spare motor and trans in the bed. Your true genius takes time to fully appreciate. :)

Good to hear the white MJ is still kicking, hopefully still with the spare motor and trans in the bed. Your true genius takes time to fully appreciate. :)

Genius is pushing it... a lot. I actually ran bareback this time, didn't feel like loading my spares up aside from axleshafts and driveshafts. Mostly because I was tagging along with a buddy who probably wasn't going to blow up his 65 bel aire and so if it really came down to it I could ride his trailer home... or at least to within AAA Gold range of home.

I've still got an xj, mj, yj, and j10.
But I plan on selling the xj soon.

XJs are for parting out to feed MJs and YJs!

The yj is super drivable, until I ruin it. The xj I took off registration so while it can drive, it can't be driven.
The mj overheats still, but works well.
I guess the j10 is the only one that has a major problem. It leaks atf so fast I can't drive it far. Plus a tire finally dry rotted to bits. So that hurts drivability, for everyone but Ken.

The yj is super drivable, until I ruin it. The xj I took off registration so while it can drive, it can't be driven.
The mj overheats still, but works well.
I guess the j10 is the only one that has a major problem. It leaks atf so fast I can't drive it far. Plus a tire finally dry rotted to bits. So that hurts drivability, for everyone but Ken.

WTF I'm literally driving an MJ with a bad ATF leak and fairly dry rotted tires. Get out of my head Stefan

I still daily my XJ but only usually about 30 miles a day. I need another one...or a YJ...or a JTruck...

I found Dave on fb, stalked him and reaffirmed my belief he is and always will be a douchebag

Still have the 5.9ZJ for now but I've recently retired it from DD duty. Just too many small things adding up to annoy me; latest being that the sunroof drains are clogged so it leaks from there, and the leak path drips down the steering wheel and under my butt. And the sunroof doesn't open either so it's not easily fixed. Plus the passenger front tire is wearing funny and needs to be replaced, along with whatever is making it do that...meh.

So onto a different road...2011 X5, diesel.

45093624224_aef9132bd3_c.jpg

Pretty nice so far, ~425 ft-lbs at 1750 RPM. Certainly not missing any of the 5.9 performance :)

Back