• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX + MT2500

Why the bias against pawn shops?

Not biased, I do not discriminate, I hate lawyers (shysters), Doctors (Quacks), Banksters including Pawn shops, and Stealerships all equally.

:cheers:

Hey guys, why not just get one of these?

Thanks Nick for developing the REM.

Our trusty old Renix systems will carry on even longer now. For the price of one or two sensors that didn’t need replacing, this tool pays for itself. See it here: http://nickintimedesign.wordpress.com/

I’ve had the factory DRB tool for years, but yours is actually easier to use and has a long lead on it so monitoring can be done from the driver’s seat. Factory one couldn’t do that.

I appreciate your ongoing contributions to the Renix Jeep community. Keep up the good work.

Pete

While I plan to buy one some day, it is limited to use on only the Renix rigs. The MT-2500 spans almost 2 decades of vehicles (yes it is more costly!!). And the REM is usually on a waiting list sometimes 4-8 weeks long, back log. I am thinking of buying one to send cross country for my Daughter to have...for her Renix.

But it is well worth the money, you are right!!! He has done an amazing job with the REM Renix live data monitor!!! I monitor his updates on facebook.

Our trusty old Renix systems will carry on even longer now. For the price of one or two sensors that didn’t need replacing, this tool pays for itself. See it here: http://nickintimedesign.wordpress.com/

I’ve had the factory DRB tool for years, but yours is actually easier to use and has a long lead on it so monitoring can be done from the driver’s seat. Factory one couldn’t do that.

I appreciate your ongoing contributions to the Renix Jeep community. Keep up the good work.

Pete

I have two addapters for my mt2500 and dont know what they are for. One says Chrysler-1 Mt2500-30, the other says Chrysler-2 Mt2500-31 Does anyone know what they are for, I thought one was obd1 and other obd2 for jeeps. I dont know how to post an image of them.

While I plan to buy one some day, it is limited to use on only the Renix rigs. The MT-2500 spans almost 2 decades of vehicles (yes it is more costly!!). And the REM is usually on a waiting list sometimes 4-8 weeks long, back log. I am thinking of buying one to send cross country for my Daughter to have...for her Renix.

But it is well worth the money, you are right!!! He has done an amazing job with the REM Renix live data monitor!!! I monitor his updates on facebook.

Do you think the REM would be better than the MT2500? If it is I will sell my MT2500 and get one.

Do you think the REM would be better than the MT2500? If it is I will sell my MT2500 and get one.

The MT-2500 is light years ahead of the REM in versatility. I can use it on just about any early 80s to 2001 rig on the road. It even talks to the TCU transmission computers.

You need to spend more time using a simple Volt ohm meter on every square inch of wiring and on the sensors, power on, power off, and disconnected to find the actual bad spot of wire, contacts or part. The scanners just tell you if it is all working, and what area is not, if not. After that real detective work is at the part, and wiring stage with a $10 meter.

The mt2500 would be better for multiple vehicles.
I just asked because I was only interested on keeping tabs on my renix, but then the MT does the trans too, as the REM does not, as far as I know anyway.

What does the MT2500 diagnostics attachment look like for the 96 Xj?

It is serial to OBD-II cable that attaches to the MT-2500 main serial cable. Plugs into the standard OBD-II port under the dash like 96 and newer US cars and trucks

I know what it does and how it attaches to the MT2500, I just dont know what it look like. If someone could post a picture of one would be helpful.

I bought one of the REMs a little while back and it has been an invaluable tool. Mounted it on the dash so now I can keep track of how everything is working. Had an issue where my motor would stick in open loop after driving for a little while. I was able to monitor the O2 sensor signal while under load and saw the O2 would swing back and forth between 1 and 5 volts super slow and and would not read below .9 volts. Replaced the O2 and al is well.

Your profile shows you have a 1990, same as mine. Having trouble finding the correct o2 sensor. Where did you get your sensor, if it was for the 1990? Do you remember the make and part#?

Your profile shows you have a 1990, same as mine. Having trouble finding the correct o2 sensor. Where did you get your sensor, if it was for the 1990? Do you remember the make and part#?

It’s a Bosch, had it on the shelf at the Napa in town. I’ll check the part number.

Pete

I thought the drb was used for diagnostic whereas the REM is just a monitor.

Back